Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Crumb Topping

I had clipped this idea out of a past issue of Martha Stewart's magazine about making a crumb topping and keeping it in a container in the freezer so it is ready to use whenever you want some. I for one, love crumb topping on just about anything - so this will be so handy! Last night we had it on fruit with a little bit of whipped cream, and I was thinking how handy this will be when I make muffins - instead of getting a bowl dirty each time to make the topping, I can just spoon some on the top and bake!

Crumb Topping:
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Cut in 15 T. cold butter or margarine

Store in the freezer or use immediately. For a crisp, top fruit - such as sliced, peeled apples - with a layer of the crumb mixture, and bake at 350 until brown and bubbling.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I would never think to keep that in the freezer. I love a crumb topping on top of my muffins. That is a smart idea! Thanks for sharing!