Thursday, March 08, 2007

Until We Meet Again...

My dear Memee (front row - pink top) went home to be with the Lord early this morning. She was nearly 100 years old (July 23, 1907-March 8, 2007) and in spite of her being with us much longer than expected, I will still miss her. I have always known this day would come, but now it has.

She was so cheerful, loved her family, and loved the St. Louis Cardinals - what a fan! Our little Emily is named after her. She was also a poet and for her 90th birthday, my aunt typed out a booklet of her poetry. I will be sharing some of these in the days ahead. But, here is one that seems appropriate for today.

My Prayer by Emily Taft
Build me a life, oh Lord above,
Full of service, strength and love
Help me to walk with Thee alone
And keep my eye upon the Throne.
Fashion my life oh, Lord for Thee,
That I might ever helpful be.
Grant me the chance to always show
Kindness and love wherever I go.
Lead me through paths where I may stray
Tho' rough and rugged may be the way.
Give me a heart that's pure and clean,
Kindle my light so it may be seen.
Build me a life, oh Lord, for Thee.
One that will live eternally!

Lord, thank You for the gift of enjoying Memee's life for thirty years. Thank You for the memories I have to cherish and the joy of the love she so freely gave. Thank You that she is no longer suffering but is in glory with YOU! And, thank You for the confidence that I will see her again. Amen.

I feel like I would be remiss in not asking, do you know where you will be for all of eternity?

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ." Philippians 3:20, NIV


"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?'" John 11:25-26, NIV


"'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me. In My Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am.'" John 14:1-3, NIV


"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words." I Thessalonians 4:13-18, NIV
I do not have all the answers, but I do know that to be with Him forever - all you have to do is ask Him for forgiveness, believe that Jesus died for your sins and receive His free gift of salvation. Please e-mail me if you have questions about this or talk to another trusted friend or family member.

In the mean time, I leave you with a post on being home ~ I'm leaving town tomorrow and will be gone for a week without internet access. So, keep up the great cleaning! Make sure to post what rooms you finish and know that I will be cheering you on from a distance! If you think of it, I would certainly appreciate your prayers as I travel with the little ladies to St. Louis. Thank you.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.

I will also pray for travel mercies. Have a great trip.

Blessings

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you in your time of loss, she looked like a dear heart.

I miss my great-grandmother, she was an amazing woman of God, I think I speak of her everyday. She left a beautiful leagacy for me and my 4 girls.

I pray the Lord comforts your heart as well as your family, may you find rest in her being with her creator!!!

Blessings
shekinah

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss and will be praying for you and your family during this sad time. I will also pray for everything to go well as you travel.

Blessings,
Michelle (from MI)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Monica:

Your tribute Memee brought the tears that have been waiting to fall since we learned of her Homegoing -- we will miss her, but as you say, we'll see her again!

God be with you as you travel, my darling daughter and granddaughters! See you soon --

Lots of love, Mom

Mom2fur said...

Your Memee looks like she was a loving, fun, happy woman! I'm so sorry you lost her, but happy you had her to enjoy!

Amy said...

My sympathies are with you & your family. My great-grandmother passed away recently and I still think of her all the time and how much I miss her. How wonderful that she was with you for that long- what an amazing woman!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your loved one. I'll pray for safety in travel while you're gone...

-Rebecca T.

Wendi said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a nice poem. I hope you are able to find comfort in your faith, family and friends. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Reviekat said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is good to hear that she is face to face with our Savior. I hope your sadness will soon be turned to wonderful memories you shared together.

Susan P. said...

Dearest Monica, what a lovely tribute to your beloved grandmother. She sounds like such a special lady that was a blessing to you all. Your grandmother left a most beautiful legacy!! What a gift!!!

Jenn said...

I don't know how I missed this, but I want you to know I am praying for you and your family, this is a difficult time, thankfully you know she is safe in the palm of the Lord.