Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Tide Simple Pleasures

I was recently contacted by a marketing gal who handles the Tide account. Through our Spring Cleaning challenge, she found my blog and wondered if I'd be willing to sample their product and write a review about it.

You know me and freebies - so of course, I agreed!

First of all, the samples she promised arrived and it was two full size bottles of Tide Simple Pleasures. One was Rose & Violet and the other Lavendar & Vanilla.

David had already opened the box when I arrived home and had decided that he liked the Rose and Violet scent, so I started with that. I put this to a major test.

We had just been in St. Louis and my Grandma has a girl living with her who smokes. So, here is how I tested it:

One suitcase full of smoke-smelling clothes.
One mound of clothing, carseat covers, purse, diaper bag, Snugli, etc... that were in a car accident and smelled like air bag propellant.
One husband without me here for ten days. (Though, to give him credit - he had done laundry while I was gone!)
Add all this up: a mound of really dirty laundry.

I did at least five loads the first day we got home. Everything came out smelling fresh and clean! There were no traces of the previous less-than-desirable smells. Not only that, but our laundry room smelled GREAT while the wash was going! I thought to myself that Simple Pleasures is a great name for this product because laundry is a necessity - and to make it a little more enjoyable is indeed a simple pleasure.

Now, we usually use an unscented laundry detergent because we have major sensitivities to heavily scented soaps. So, I put this to the test even further. I washed all of our laundry in the rose and violet and we have not had any reaction to it for one week.

I used up to the number one line (lowest amount) for each load no matter how big or smelly. And, that seemed to be plenty of soap. The rose and violet is a gentle and soft scent that leaves just a hint on your clean laundry. I loved pulling my clean pj's on or snuggling with the girls and catching a whiff. And, David liked it too!

Ok, so let's move on to the Vanilla and Lavendar scent. When you take a whiff of this from the bottle, it almost smells medicinal and is quite a bit stronger than the other. So, I decided not to use it on our clothes. I did wash our sheets in it and used the smallest amount. Yum! It was so nice to crawl in bed to sheets that smelled so nice and clean.

I think if I was going to purchase one scent I would go with the rose and violet just because it is not as strong.

Thank you, Jen, for the opportunity to review your product! I am still enjoying my two bottles of Simple Pleasures!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your review of the product. I haven't tried any of Tide's new scents but I will now!

Blessings,
Michelle (from MI)

Susan said...

I never used to use Tide, but my husband suggested it once for his t-shirts because the underarms get really bad stains (he sweats heavily). I tried one bottle of it and never bought any other brand! I love Tide, even though it's more expensive. I haven't tried the new scents, but I do use the kind with Febreze in it.

Amy said...

Oh, that is funny! Jen sent me a package too and I just reviewed it on my blog. I actually loved the vanilla scented, but did not care for the rose scent. I have a thing about floral scents so that was really cute!

I actually did a cost analysis too.

I am just catching up on my blog reading :)

Jthemilker said...

I don't usually buy Tide, but your review makes it sound quite tempting.

Cherish the Home said...

I might have to try this! (o:

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica,

I had just seen an ad for this Simple Pleasures detergent -- of course, I like the name but thought they might be too strongly scented. You certainly did put them to a good test!

Love, Mom

Wendy said...

I agree about the medical smell. I thought that one stunk and put it back on the shelf!!

Anonymous said...

Tide is one of the only laundry detergents I can use. Most of the other brands give me rashes. I haven't tried Simple Pleasures yet, but will look for it the next time I buy detergent. I've been using Tide Cold Water lately. It's really good, but I had been using Tide with Febreeze and liked the smell of that more.

The real test for me is washing my guide dog's bedding with it. My puppy (which I'mtraining to become my new guide/service dog) had an accident on her bed and Tide takes the smell out in one wash. This really surprised me! I thought I'd have to wash it at least twice.