Thursday, March 01, 2007

Spring Cleaning

Yes, it is that time again! I don't know if any of you were even readers last year at this time. I scheduled each room for one day on my calendar during the month of March. Then, that day I thoroughly cleaned that room from top to bottom! And, I don't know about your houses, but mine is in great need of a deep clean!

So, here is what I have planned for this year:
March 5: Kitchen
March 7: Dining Room
March 8: Laundry Room
March 12: Den
March 13 Master Bed & Bath
March 22: Living Room
March 23: Hall Bath
March 26: Emily's Room
March 27: Rachel's Room
March 30: Car & Porch

But, wait! There's a twist this year! Last year I asked if anyone wanted to join in and honestly don't know if anyone did or not. I need the motivation of posting this here - and got to thinking maybe others did too. So, here's the deal. For every room you spring clean, you can enter your name in a drawing for a prize of homemade goodies from me. So, if you clean one room you are entered once, but if you clean five rooms you are entered five times. You get the idea.

Here are the rules:

* Rooms must be completed during March 1-31. Let's not count any Sundays - these are for rest and worship!
* Spring clean is defined by you - we'll be on the honor system here. You can just post a comment on my various posts about spring cleaning naming the room you finished and telling me about how you spring cleaned it.
* Each room counts as one entry - for example a master bed and bath would be two entries.
* You may post this on your blog if it will help you keep motivated or to share the idea with others and link back here.
* We will do the drawing the first week of April once all the names have been entered in the drawing.

Have fun and let's get our homes clean!

12 comments:

Jenn said...

Ok Monica,
Count me in! I need the motivation as well. I am also printing out what works for me and adding it to my binder. Just think of what they may mean to our children or grandchildren someday......neat!

Jenn

Wendi said...

How funny you posted this! I woke up at 4 this morning to a Sping thunderstorm. The forecast for today is 58 degrees and t-storms through out the day. It felt like Spring so I started cleaning! I am almost done with the bathroom. So count me in. Hopefully you can keep me motivated to continue cleaning!

Susan P. said...

Count me in!

Lisa said...

Count me in!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I don't belive I am gonna say this.....count me in *sigh*

It's a job that I really need to do, and hopefully I can get it done.

I work during the day, and have 7 rooms to do. I will admend your schedule abit and have to do a room on Sunday's. With eight weekend days in March.......there go the weekends!! I will have to convince my husband to do the basement......it's his area. No sense in adding more to my job.

Jthemilker said...

Well... even if this motivates me to clean just ONE room, it will have been worth it! Hmm... where to start... There is SO MUCH to be done here. Great idea!

mama k said...

ok, I'll play. Can I steal your button too? I'm in need of some motivation as I've been in a housekeeping slump lately.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Yeah! This is exciting! Yes, you can use the button on your blog...

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

Miriam from itsamomthing.blogspot sent me to your site after I posted on a series I was going to start on my spring cleaning this year. I hate doing it, but it MUST be done. It was rainy all day here on Thurs. and M my 20ms old was in MDO so I started in my closet! What a difference that alone makes. I just about finished the Master Bedroom when it was time to go get M so, I have to finish that up in the next few days! Count me in!

Annie said...

I am so happy to say that my husband and I teamed up today and got everything finshed. Every room in our house has been spring cleaned, and he even cleaned out the garage while our daughter played outside to keep her out of my way. Whew! I am tired, but I am glad to have it behind me. I started at 9am and finished at 9pm (with a few small breaks). I think my husband made 3 trips to the dump, and I have stuff ready to donate. Thanks for posting on my blog the other day! :)

Leanne said...

I love your website!
I am joining your challenge...
Can you tell me how to get the Spring Cleaning button onto my blog?
Your blog is a blessing!
Have a great day!

Sharon said...

I would love to join your challenge. I have already started on spring cleaning, so I don't know if I can count the rooms I have already done or not, but I would love to join to at least keep me accountable and motivated!