Friday, March 30, 2007

Spring Cleaning: Porch

Porch before:

What I did:
* Move all gardening tools, fertilizer, and fire wood to back yard and shed.
* Gather all trash.
* Remove dead plants and replace with new ones.
* Sweep all leaves and pollen off of porch.
* Wipe off pollen from all chairs, swing, pillows and cushions.
* Tidy.

David treated me to a trip to Lowe's to get some new plants - I did this last year after cleaning the porch. For this reason, I save the porch for last and it is kind of my reward to get some plants for the boxes on the porch and pots by the door! Spring Cleaning is FINISHED! I, obviously, am off the hook for cleaning out the car this year!

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to submit details on clean rooms to be entered in the drawing. I'll announce the winner on Monday. Plus, I have a special treat for everyone next week as a prize for participating (think Easter craft). And, post a few ideas on keeping our homes like this more throughout the year so it doesn't get so bad!

Once again, I want to congratulate all of you who cleaned, sorted, organized, and generally got things in order! GREAT JOB!

Porch After:

"So reach out and welcome one another to God's glory. Jesus did it; now you do it!" ~ Romans 15:7, The Message

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica! Well, it has been a busy, busy time around here. I have finally finished spring cleaning our bathroom and each of the kids' bedrooms. Life took hold and I have not had the wherewithall to actually take pictures of the befores or afters. Maybe I can get to the afters soon...

Jthemilker said...

Yesterday I tackled the brunt of the living room. I put a pile of things in their place, fluffed the couch pillows, swept, dusted, and neatened our magazine pile. We do have a roll of carpet in the room that needs installed. We just didn't have anywhere else to put it. BUT... none the less... the windows are open and the spring air infiltrates our home! I love it!!! Tomorrow will be a porch cleaning day here too. New flowers sound so inviting, but we have been warned of possible snow in the upcoming week.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You made it through your entire home! It looks great -- and I'm sure you feel a great sense of satisfaction for having accomplished spring cleaning for 2007. -- Love, Mom

Tracy said...

Monica- Thanks for all the before/after pictures. I personally appreciated the true "lived in look" of the before pics! I had this idea that your house sparkled and shined all the time and wondered "how does she do it?" But your willingness to show your realness was a huge encouragement! Great job on the spring cleaning (and for getting a bunch of us to do it, too)! I, however, was too chicken to take pictures (hence the reason I'm so thrilled with you)!

Mom2fur said...

Great job! I love your porch. It looks like a nice place to hang out!

Jthemilker said...

BTW - I just wanted to say that I have enjoyed your spring cleaning theme with before and after photos. It was like having a tour of your home from far away. It seems very sweet and lovely.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Great Job Ladies! :) I'm so excited to have so many participate and provide mutual encouragement for one another!

Tracy, thank you for your kind words - my house is not always sparkling clean! It was hard in some cases to post the before pictures - but I want to be honest and real about who I am and this seemed like one way to do that.

Jthemilker - glad you enjoyed the tour! :) Thanks so much for joining in the fun!