Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spring Cleaning: Laundry Room

Well, I have obviously thrown my schedule out the window. I've been motivated, so I figured I better keep at this cleaning! I am so excited to hear about all of you who are participating!

Great Job, Ladies! Doesn't it feel good to work hard and see visible results?
So, yesterday, I moved on to the Laundry Room. This was one room that needed a lot of organization and cleaning. I was horrified to learn just how dirty it really was...

Before:Here's what I did:
* Washed window inside/out.
* Dusted light fixture and top of cabinets.
* Tidied and dusted top of freezer.
* Cleaned off washer and dryer and dusted.
* Dusted top of hot water heater and Emily's kitchen.
* Ran a hot water cycle through the washer including borax, baking soda and vinegar just to freshen and clean.
* Washed rug and towel under dog bowls.
* Washed dog bowls.
* Finished all laundry and ironing.
* Moved out washer and dryer and vacuumed and mopped under/behind.
* Swept and mopped floor.

This took about an hour and a half. Though this is just a guess as I worked on it throughout the day.

After:
"Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life." ~ Psalm 51:7, The Message

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Good job on the laundry room.

I cleaned my master bedroom and bath on Tuesday.

You can check out my blog for the details.

Blessings
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Monica- I finished my kitchen (except the oven). : )

*washed the walls, baseboards
*washed light fixtures
*washed all appliances outside, moved them and cleaned behind and underneath- yuck.
*washed out cupboards and sorted and organized (refreshing!)
*scrubbed the floor
*washed the sliding door, the track, and the curtain
*cleaned off all the counters and put things away (clutter)
*organized the sippy cups and bottles!
*washed the rugs

I'm sure there is more...it took 10 hours over two days. Yikes! But it will never be that bad again I bet!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Monica,

I'm so glad you stuck with it--I knew the "after" pictures would look fabulous--and they do! Great job!

You've been motivating me, too, to clean more. But I won't enter the drawing since I'm immediate family. =)

love, carrie

It's a Mom Thing said...

You go GIRL!!! I keep thinking that if I read your blogs, I'll get motivated to clean my house, too. But so far, I just enjoy reading your blog. Maybe I can get geared up to make next week my "cleaning week." I do really want to be through by the end of the month. Going to work on my motivation now...

Jenn said...

What a cute laundry room! WE've been here only a year and I look forward to accumulating cutsie things around our home!!

Jenn