Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spring Cleaning: Dining Room

I did the Dining Room yesterday, it was MUCH easier and quicker than the Kitchen. It took me about two hours, but there were interruptions.

Before:

Here is what I did:
* Dusted blinds.
* Took down curtains and shook outside.
* Washed window inside/out.
* Vacuumed out track of window and dusted window sill.
* Dusted light fixture.
* Dusted shelf (not in photo)
* Cleaned out highchair.
* Wiped off table and all chairs.
* Sorted and put away all clutter (one stack of magazines is left that I will look through in the next few days)
* Swept floor. Spot mopped (I had just mopped so just needed to touch up this time)

After:

While I was cleaning, I found these little ornaments, we got double sets ~ so can anyone use a Rachel or Nathan ornament? I'll send them to you if you can...


"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Monica! You are way ahead of me! I was going to start somewhere easy to feel like I accomplished something but then I thought if I saved the hardest for last I wouldn't do it. So, I started with the kitchen. My husband is out of town and when we talked last night and I told him I started with the kitchen he said, "You're crazy. I'm glad I'm not there." ! I'm doing it in sections so that I don't make a huge mess as I go. But at this rate (no husband, a 4 year old, and 1 yr old) it's going to take all week! The rest of the house should be a little faster. : ) Thanks for the motivation! Even if I don't win your baked goods I win a clean and organized home!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the dining room!! I will be tackling my kitchen today, only one day off schedule!! Yesterday was too busy and I didn't plan it until about 2pm which ofcourse didn't give me a lot of time to get things done....of to take some before pictures!

Have a great day!

Leanne said...

I accomplished 7 tasks from my list!!
Yeah... You can check out what I accomplished when you have time!
I find the easiest way to clean the showers is while I'm in the shower!!
Have a great day and thanks for the challenge. Its very motivating!
Leanne

Monica Wilkinson said...

Great job, ladies! Thanks for the mutual motivation and encouragement! :)

Tracy - great idea to do the kitchen while your hubby is out of town, won't he be surprised?! Also, great idea to break it into sections - there isn't a rush, it's the persevering that counts!

Stacey - thanks for participating! Look forward to hearing your progress!

Leanne - Great job! Doesn't that feel wonderful to have those seven things marked off!

Let's keep at it!

Wendi said...

I finally got my act together and tackled the kitchen today. I love it when things are neat and clean. I keep taking a peek at the finished product. Stop by sometime and take a peek!

Thanks for the motivation.