Thursday, March 08, 2007

Spring Cleaning: Den

Yesterday, I tackled the Den - I must say that you all are motivating me! As, I usually just do one room every few days and in the last week, I've completed FOUR rooms! Thank you so much for joining me!

Before:
(oops - my other picture did not turn out and I didn't realize until after the room was finished!)

Here's what I did:
* Dusted ceiling fan and light fixture.
* Dusted blinds. Washed windows inside/out.
* Vacuumed out window track and dusted windowsills.
* Emptied out all toy bins, wiped out and reorganized toys.
* Tidied and organized whole room.
* Dusted everything.
* Took all couch cushions off and vacuumed out couch.
* Polished coffee table.
* Used lint roller to dust quilt.
* Washed rugs.
* Vacuumed around base boards and entire room.
* Cleaned mat under desk chair.

Total time: about 2 1/2 hours.

After:
Today, I'm taking the day off from spring cleaning to go and have lunch with Chrissy! What fun! Have a great day!

Just a note: Please post each room only once in the comments or I won't be able to keep track of which rooms are already entered in the drawing! :) Thank you!

"He's going to clean house - make a clean sweep of your lives. He'll place everything true in its proper place before God; everything false He'll put out with the trash to be burned." ~ Matthew 3:12, The Message

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry for commenting twice. I didn't mean to cause any confusion.

Blessings
Lisa

Sharon said...

I wasn't sure where to tell which rooms I had done, but here they are so far: master bedroom, Ambry's room, Piper's room, master bath, living room, dining room. Does hallway count? :)

Leanne said...

I love that quilt!
I finished my kitchen today!! Yeah...happy cleaning!

Anonymous said...

How do you manage to get all this done with your two little ladies around?

Monica Wilkinson said...

Lisa - that's ok! You weren't the only one, I was just afraid I would get confused!!! :)

Great job - Sharon! You're making great progress!

Leanne, thanks - that quilt was given to me as a child since I am a bicentennial baby! Great job on your kitchen.

Julie: I wait until Emily is down for her nap and Rachel is only 7 months, so she will play while I clean in the same room usually. Saturday, my hubby was home and helped watch them. I have done some things while Emily is up and just let her play nearby, but usually I wait until she is sleeping.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Oh Sharon, I gave you eight entries so far - master bed, girls' rooms, master bath, living room, dining room, hallway and two other bathrooms. You mentioned on your blog having cleaned three bathrooms, so I counted them each for one.

Jthemilker said...

I cleaned the kitchen as my hubby was installing new flooring. Does that count?