Thursday, March 29, 2007

Maple Nut Muffins


According to the March issue of Country Living, March is Maple Syrup month! So, I wanted to share a recipe that we like using maple syrup. You can click here to read how I make my own syrup for everyday use.

Maple Nut Muffins:
1 egg
1/3 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 c. flour
2 T. oil
1/3 c. pure maple syrup (I cheated and used homemade)
1/3 c. milk
12 pecan halves

Stir together egg, oil, milk and syrup. Add flour, chopped nuts and baking powder. Stir just until combined. Divide evenly between 12 prepared muffin cups and top each with a pecan half. Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes.

5 comments:

LBP said...

Good Morning!

I just stumbled across your blog and it is so refreshing and enjoyable. Love the recipe for the maple muffins, thanks.

LBP

Anonymous said...

I live in NH and it sure is Maple Syrup time! You can take tours around here and see how the sap become syrup. What a great time that is! Thanks for recipe, looks great and I will have to try some this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. The muffins look great.

The Frugal Shrink said...

Those look fantastic! I'm going to have to try it.

Lisa said...

Those muffins look delicious!

Blessings