Monday, October 16, 2006

Baby Shower Ideas: Gift

Each day this week, we will look at a different aspect of planning a baby shower. Hope you have fun with these ideas!

My Mom and I got my sister one of these, so adorable! But, I also wanted to give her something meaningful as she starts the journey of motherhood. This is what I came up with - a devotional book that I created from a photo album and some 12x12 scrapbook paper. Cut the paper into 4x6 pieces. Print a verse and a short devotional to go with it on regular white paper. Cut out with shaped scissors and glue the verse onto the top half of the page and the devotion to the bottom half. Here are photos showing the outside of the book and the inside pages. Since she is having a boy - everything is personalized with their names and colors for boy, but this could easily be adapted for a girl as well!


Here is a sample verse and devotion from her book:

I Samuel 2:26, “And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with men.”

What more can be said of a child than that they are growing and learning in the ways of God? Isn’t this what we want for them? And, how gracious that God has filled His Word with examples of men and women who followed Him, followed His example, and have shown us practical ways that we can do the same.

Lord, You know I desire for my son to grow in Your favor. To be like You and to be known among those around Him as one who lives for You. I pray that You would show me how to teach and train him to follow Your example. And, I pray for opportunity for him to shine the light of You to others. Thank You, Lord. Amen

1 comment:

Sonya said...

This is such an awesome idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing!