Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Perspective


"Our perspective or viewpoint involves the way we look at life. But our perspective also shapes our living. If I am looking at life through a perspective of gratitude and hope, for instance, I will live and think differetnly than if my view was one of bitterness and anger."
~ Thomas Kinkade, Simpler Times

So, what I want to know is: what helps you keep your perspective on the things that really matter? I find it so easy to get blinders on and not see the big picture and get caught up in the little details that really don't matter in the long run. How do you keep your perspective on the things of eternal value and worth? I'd appreciate hearing any thoughts...

4 comments:

Paula said...

Sometimes I am tempted to "make mountains out of molehills." I then ask myself, "Will this really matter a few weeks, months, years, etc. down the road?" Also, "How will this affect my relationship with the Lord and those that I love?"

The Frugal Shrink said...

I am training to be a psychologist, and hearing the stories of my clients is usually enough to do the trick. Lately I had really been feeling sorry for myself, but a recent client's story reminded me that I have everything going for me!!!!! God is so good to me, yet I seem to need these daily reminders.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Thanks for your thoughts...it does seem to be a matter of choice doesn't it? And, looking at how much worse things could be is a reminder of what we have to be thankful for!

Kether said...

Like T,I work in a field where I hear a lot of people's stories. I work at a community college with mostly remedial and GED students a lot of whom are on welfare. They come from such lives of chaos, sadness, poor decision making skills, etc. that oftimes it really puts me in my place.