Friday, July 21, 2006

Whipped Cream!

Last week I shared about reading where you could freeze dallops of leftover whipped cream and use them in the future. So, after we had our yummy peach shortcakes the other night, we had some whipped cream left over! I decided to give this a try and think I may have to do this forever now! I put the whipped cream into this and squirted these little darlings onto a sheet of waxed paper. I let them freeze overnight and then put them in a container to store. They would fit perfectly on top of a dessert or mug of hot chocolate or chai! I have both Cool Whip and whipped cream photographed here...so I am assuming it will work for either one. Another nice thing is that I won't have to wash the decorator every time I want to make a cute squirt of whipped cream!

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

These are so cute! I'm glad you tried that tip out and let us know how it went.:-)

Angie said...

How cool is that! I am definitely going to have to try that! The kids are always wanting whip cream on things (everything)! The less the hassle the better I say! Thanks!

Just D said...

great! I often avoid making whipped cream cuz I can't bear to toss the leftovers - now I know I can make a ton and have a fun way to keep it all!

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

I love it!! We can only get shelfed cream for whipping, and I never wanted to buy it 'cause once it's opened it goes bad so quick. I saw this on your blog before, but now I'm going to try it! I think it would be nice on my coffee in the morning!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

What a creative idea! I love it.