Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Homespun Christmas

You all probably know by now how much I love canning jars! So, here is another way to use some for the holidays!

The jar shown above is one of my traditional and most favorite ways to decorate at Christmas! It is very easy and inexpensive to make.

Use one pint size canning jar (not the wide mouth) and one glass votive holder (3/$1 at Michael's). The votive holder should be shaped like a flower pot or have enough of a lip to sit on the top of the canning jar steadily.

Place sprigs of evergreen in the jar. Fill about 3/4 with water. Top with fresh cranberries.

Place votive holder with candle in the top! So pretty and festive.

When you're done, you can dry off the berries, freeze them and save for next year. The above berries were purchased for Christmas 2004 and are still going!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Love this idea and qill use it this Christmas season!! Hope this find you well and resting!
Blessings...

Angie said...

So pretty! I will definately be doing this one this year. The simpler, the better I say!

Hope that everything is going well! Please call if you need any help at all!

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

You are amazing...that's all I can say!! I'm going to have my mom bring cranberries, some branches, and a votive candle when she comes!!

Blessings!