Monday, July 03, 2006

A Homespun Christmas

My Mom read this poem in an issue of Victoria magazine (now out of print) and it was intended for use in filling a stocking. My Mom uses this as a guide for gift shopping for my sister and I, and I have tried to start doing it for David and Emily... as our family grows, we may go back to using this for stockings - we'll see! Note: we added the something you want part!

Something to eat
Something to read
Something to play with
Something you need
And, something you want.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I read that in my Mrs. Sharp's Traditions book. We both loved the idea for us now and also for children when we have them! It just makes a lot of sense.

Mom said...

I love this! I think I'm going to have to start incorporating this into our gifting holidays with four kids! lol!

Megan said...

I remember you mentioning this one time at Pike's Perk and was hoping you would post it, as I had forgotten it...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica:

Isn't it fun that this little poem has been such a memorable tradition for our family?

I love you!

Love, Mom