Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Homespun Christmas

David is out of town this weekend, so we will continue the Ice Cream Sundays feature next week!

Today's idea is also from Martha Stewart Living magazine.

Candy Sticks

* Dip red/white peppermint sticks or candy canes in melted white chocolate and then red or white sprinkles! So festive looking! Wrap several sticks together for a small gift or stocking stuffer.

* To make: For 50 peppermint sticks, you'll need 8 ounces of white chocolate and 1 1/2 cups of white sprinkles. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stir until melted. Let cool slightly. Dip peppermint sticks in chocolate (only the bottom third); spoon sprinkles over chocolate. Stand candy, coated end up, in a loaf pan filled with dried beans; refrigerate until set.

I used candy canes when I made these and then wrapped one candy cane and tied a little note to it and put it on everyone's pillow before they went to bed on Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible gift to your friends/family for you to host Christmas in July. I'm so glad you've brought it to your blog friends also. I am excited each day to read your blog. I didn't realize you were expecting, too. Hooray for you! Thanks for your ideas...I have some posted on my website if anyone is interested.
http://www.neighborjanepayne.com/read.php?SD=26