Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Announcements!


The homemade and crafty ideas always seem to be a hit here - so I thought I'd share what we made for the baby announcements. I had these all ready to go except for the date, weight, etc... and we just printed them and assembled. I found the idea in a recent issue of Better Homes & Gardens.

I included one card that had what the name meant (posted a couple of days ago) and then this page with the poem:

A tisket, a tasket
A new baby in our basket
Ten fingers, ten toes
And a cute button nose!

The vellum paper is attached with double stick tape to a piece of scrapbooking paper. A small button is glued on the top! Simple!

(And, I shudder to think of what I would have to pay to order something ready made like this!)

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

So sweet and you're right-you would pay a good deal for somehting like this ready made.

Angie said...

Too cute!

Megan said...

Super, super cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet.
I ran across your blog through Joy's blog and I have really enjoyed reading over your old post. I love all of your craft projects. I am going to bookmark you because your recipes look yummy- I am going to try a couple of them. The ham muffins look wonderful!!
By the congrats on your new little one. They are such sweet little blessings.

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

So cute!!