Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Works for me!

My utensil drawer was overflowing and I could never find what I wanted! So, here is what I came up with. This "garden caddy" tripled my space for frequently used utensils and one section has a smaller cup in it for holding measuring spoons. This is working out wonderfully! Then, in the drawer, I purchased the blue "pencil" organizers for 3/$1 at Dollar General and got the remaining spoons and utensils organized in the front of the drawer. Now, the back of the drawer is reserved for items too big to fit in one of these organizers. The drawer always opens and closes nicely and best of all - I can find what I'm looking for without digging through or spending a bunch of time taking things out! Works for me! Visit Shannon's blog for lots more ideas!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great. My utensil drawer is okay, but I would NOT post pics of my tools drawer. . . .

Mama Duck said...

Hee hee hee, not too pretty but works great, eh??

Beck said...

Smart idea - I'm going to copy you and sort my own junk drawer that way - thanks!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I have a scary utensil drawer that needs some attention. Thanks for the tip!

Nettie said...

I bet that makes it so much easier to find things!

Mom2fur said...

Great idea! And when you can find a tool...you'll actually use it. So that makes this twice as cool!

Anonymous said...

That's a cool caddy!

Shalee said...

Pencil organizers: 3/$1

Organizing drawer: 10 minutes

Being able to find the utensil you need immediately and without wrestling everything in the drawer: Priceless

Sandra said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing :)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Yes. I definitely need to clean up my "tools" drawer. Thanks for the idea! All my tools are in a big tangle.

Shhhhhhhh! said...

Thanks for the idea. I was wondering how I could clean up my drawer. :)

elizabeth said...

Love this idea and I'm another one that would never post a picture of my utensil drawer! Note to self - stop at Dollar General on the way home from work!!!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

My drawers are all to shallow for the big stuff. I like the idea of using something that was meant for something else. Very creative!