Friday, June 09, 2006

Thrifty Thursday

I thought it might be fun to play a little game, so here it is:


Your challenge is to guess the TOTAL price paid for all of these items, including tax paid (hint: our local tax is 5%). The items are: (I have included links so you can see exactly what each item is)

Colgate Total Toothpaste 6.0 oz tube ~ four tubes

Oral B Cross Action Power Toothbrush (including battery)

Lady Speed Stick Deodorant

Speed Stick Deodorant

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick

Sally Hansen Nail Polish

Ok, now total up your guess and submit it by leaving a comment. I will mail the winner both the lipstick and nail polish! If there is a two-way tie, I'll send one the nail polish and one the lipstick. If there is a tie more than two ways, I'll draw two names out of a hat. So, let the guessing begin! Have fun! All entries must be posted before Friday, June 9 at 7 a.m. EST.

Update: The comments on blogger were not working for part of the day yesterday, so I'm going to extend this another couple of days for those who may have tried to post and could not. The new deadline is Sunday at noon (EST). Thanks to you have already guessed!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

12.60

Megan said...

$3.62

I know you and know you got this stuff for a steal. However, if I win, give it to someone else as I rarely wear either lipstick or nail polish! *grin*

Anonymous said...

Knowing you, your probably got them free. I will guess $2.25

Anonymous said...

$2.99, I wish I could get deals like that where i live......that would cost about $20-30.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Whoever guessed 2.25 needs to sign your name...I don't know who you are!

Anonymous said...

Second guess
6.37

(I figured I was way too high)

Mary Ann said...

I will guess $5.86.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Monica:

My guess is $0 -- I think you may have gotten them all absolutely free! :)

Love, Mom

PS: If you did get all of that free, congratulations!

Mrs.Garcia said...

I am guessing either free or for .99 cents.
My Next Guess would be 2.35
CAGmomof2

Miss Notesy said...

Free! Walgreens???