Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Ideas

One of the fun things about Works For Me Wednesday is all the ideas that are posted to make homemaking and homekeeping simpler or easier. I just wanted to do an "update" on a couple of ideas I've learned and taken and done in our home.

The first is a grocery list organized by aisle in order that I visit them. This was Shannon's first idea and then I saw my sister do the same thing! I was so motivated! I walked through the aisles and wrote down key items that I shopped for each time, so all I have to do is check the box on the list hanging on my fridge! The next time I went shopping - there was no backtracking or double checking (or checking it a zillion times) to make sure that I had everything! (I'm sorry I don't know how to create a link to this list!)


The second idea is shown in the picture. This was on Joy's blog last week! It seems that I have all these people I WANT to pray for and have trouble with a way of keeping track who I've prayed for, etc... and most often just don't do it because it feels somewhat overwhelming. So, after reading Joy's idea - I came up with these jars. I already had everything except the metal rimmed key tags. The jars were full of dusty potpourri that needed to go anyway! So, now one jar says "Pray" and one jar says "Prayed". I can just move the tag from the "Pray" jar after I've prayed for them to the "Prayed" jar and then when all the tags have moved over, I can start over.

This has been a fun weekly thing to participate in - have any of the rest of you implemented any WFMW ideas?

3 comments:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

I saw that on Joy's blog too-- and thought it was a great idea. Now you've inspired me.

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Ok, I am SO redo-ing mine!! Your jars are so stinking cute!!!!

gail said...

hi monica,
i've been reading some of your earlier posts and came upon this great idea. i have a little 2 jar dispenser like this and have been wondering what to do with it. now i know! and like you, i have so many people i want to pray for but dont' always remember to do it, or if i have done it.

love your blog, gail