I love the 4th of July and all patriotic holidays. Here are some fun, simple, and inexpensive ideas for decorating and celebrating this year:
* Patriotic Drink Parasols
* Stars & Stripes Fans
* Tin Cans turned Patriotic
* Sign the Declaration of Independence
* Enamelware Dishes
* Homespun Table Linens
* Empty perfume bottles with a small flag
* Star shaped ice cubes (I found an ice cube tray on the Dollar Spot rack at Target last year); you could even tint the water red and blue to create red, white, and blue stars
* Red, White, and Blue decorated star sugar cookies
* Red and Navy bandanas make great napkins or table topper decorations
* I don't know if they have them this year, but one year Tostitos marketed red, white, and blue tortilla chips!
* Make shortcakes in the shapes of stars and top with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream.
Now, let's have a little fun! E-mail me at thehomespunheart [at] hotmail [dot] com to be entered in a drawing for your choice of one of these patriotic pillows! All entries must be received by noon Eastern Time on Tuesday, July 4th. All names will be entered into a drawing and my husband will draw the winner. Winner will be announced later that day and I will contact you for mailing information.
I'd love to hear your 4th of July ideas as well!