Thursday, June 29, 2006

BBQ Beef Brisket

To those of you who love southern BBQ, I am sorry ~ but I must disagree! Being raised in Colorado, you just can't appreciate the mustard-based sauce over pork the same way, I guess. But, we love this recipe that my Mom taught me how to make and since you can't find western BBQ in any restaurant around here - we make it ourselves!

Spray a 9x13 glass dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Place piece of brisket in dish.
Generously cover with Liquid Smoke.
Pour 1/2 c. water into bottom of dish.
Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 300-325 for 2 1/2-3 hours.

Remove from pan and slice with electric knife, trimming any fat.
Place sliced brisket in clean and sprayed baking dish.
Mix 1/2 c. BBQ sauce and 1/2 c. water. Pour over sliced meat.
Cover with foil.
Heat through. Enjoy!

Yummy!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the sweet BBQ sauce that is popular here in Upstate SC. Sticky Fingers has an excellent one---I'd love to find that recipe! ;-)
Where I'm from in Oregon, BBQ meant Chicken quarters on the grill. It was our favorite lunch on the Fourth of July--they grilled huge amounts of chicken and served a wonderful lunch with corn on the cob, etc down at our city park.

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica:

Barbecue brisket is one of our favorite meals! Dad says to add that our barbecue sauce of choice is the mesquite flavor KC Masterpiece -- he doesn't think it would be the same with another brand!

Love you!
Mom