Friday, June 16, 2006

Balance

Ok, I need feedback here! How do you other moms do it?

I have had an ongoing struggle in knowing how much one-on-one time I should spend with Emily and how much time I should allow (require) her to play by herself so she doesn't expect to be entertained all the time. I seem to go in phases - spend more time with her and spend less time with her.

Yesterday morning, she was so whiny and crabby and it dawned on me that she probably just wanted a little attention. Sure enough.

I am home with her all day ~ so it is not like she is not spending time with me. But, what I am talking about is play time, quality time, reading story time, etc...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, I found you via Joy's blog. Then I see that you too are from SC, then I see that you have a link to MFTH. Do we live in the same town? Hmmm.
As I have looked around your blog, you have tons of very neat ideas! I am definately gonna bookmark you and come back.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi Angie - Yes, we even go to the same church! :) I've never met you but could tell from your blog that you match up to the one who has the purse parties! :) Glad you are enjoying my blog... Monica

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Monica,
That's a tough one. I had the same problem with my first, he never wanted to play alone! I would start with a 15 minute or 30 minute block of time, and see how that goes. Come up with a fun activity or game that she likes. I think a couple of 30 minute sessions throughout the day is reasonable. Hope that helps!
Blessings!

Angie said...

Ok, I totally am not the stalker type, I promise but I came back to see if you answered my question. Ok, I guess that is a little stalkerish. :)
So, which service do you go to? Whose SS class? And I would love to meet you. I just think that it is so cool that I have 'met' someone from Beaufort who blogs and we go to the same church no less. I did scan your recent posts to look for a picture (ok, just a little stalkerish) and found a couple. You do look very familiar. Hmmm!
Anyways, I will keep a look out for you at church! Hope you guys have a great weekend!