Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Works For Me!



Since we'll be travelling tomorrow, I decided to post my ideas today. Check Shannon's blog for lots more participants and great ideas!

I have a couple of small ideas, so decided to post them all together this week:

1. I keep two small wire baskets on the desk by the front door - one for sunglasses and one for keys. This has eliminated our problem of trying to remember where these items are!

2. Grace introduced me to the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser this past week - I found one on clearance for less than a dollar and had fun going around the house getting marks off of toys, walls, etc... This really does work!

3. My husband loves sweet tea and I felt like I was always making it, so have come up with a new solution of making two or three batches at a time and keeping it in the fridge just needing to be constituted when the pitcher is empty!

4. I used to melt candles in the oven to get them out of candle holders when they were too short to burn, but read in Martha Stewart about putting them in the freezer. This is so much easier and requires lots less clean up! Just put the entire candle holder in the freezer for about 30 minutes and when you take it out the candle will pop right out!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that Mr Clean Erasers have fermaldehyde (spelling?) in the erasers, it is not mentioned on the label

Girl Raised in the South said...

Loved your tip on sweet tea. Up here in Pittsburgh there isn't a lot of it going around, but being a Texas native it's the only way to drink it!

Sandra said...

Love your ideas, and especially the one about the sweet tea. My hubby loves it but I feel like I'm constantly in the kitchen making it, he just goes through it so fast.

Great idea, mine is up too :)

Shalee said...

I so need that candle tip! Thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

hi homespun heart! i just moved to the south from the north and of course now drinks LOTS of sweet tea (and chick-fli-a)...things that poor northerners are deprived of. thanks for the tip about my new favorite drink!

Theresa said...

Great tips...love that Mr. Clean guy, I can totally relate - and the candle one is new for me I'll have to try that next time.

Gabriela said...

Good ideas, I have two baskets also, one for sunscreen and one for hairbrushes.

And those Eraser things are so cool!

Carol said...

Yessss!!! I am all over that candle thing. Thanks!

Nettie said...

Great tips! I recently tried the candle one for the first time. It worked great!

Kathryn Judson said...

I wish I knew about the candle tip a few weeks ago. Using the oven just seems like such a production, and there's always the chance of making a real mess. Thanks for the tip!