Saturday, December 10, 2005

The 20 Cent Snowman!

This little snowman was very easy to make and is cute and homey looking! Use one piece of white or antique white felt (20 cents). Cut out snowman shape. On the front of one piece, sew on two small beads for the eyes. Sew right sides together on the sewing machine. Cut a slit in the back. Stuff snowman. Stitch opening closed. Use an orange scrap of felt or other fabric or a toothpick painted orange with the tip broken off for the nose - hot glue on. Tie a fabric scrap around the neck for a scarf. Hot glue buttons on. Make a hat from an old sock or old sweater. Cut out and stitch up the cut side. Turn right side out and hot glue on. Done!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I think this is so cute!! I was looking at the Dec 2004 issue of Mary Englebreit's Home Companion and there is a lady that makes a similar snowman and sells them. I think I need to make one to add to my collection of snowpeople.

Mary Ann said...

This is adorable!