Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Too Much Information

Yesterday, I was reading Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. I have always loved this book and it has been a blessing, encouragement, and challenge to me. However, I was curious what her references to "Cant. 1:1-6" meant. So, I found out that it is an abbreviation for Canticles which can also refer to Song of Solomon. Great.

Ok, now for the part I did not want to know. Apparently, later in her writings and life, Hannah Hurnard became a heretic of the faith. She became pretty involved in New Age things from what I read. Of course, I do not know anything myself because I did not KNOW her myself. But, this is the truth that has been repeating itself to me - it just shows that we are all very susceptible to things contrary to God if we are not always on guard and studying His Word.

A good reminder...but I wish I hadn't read this information!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I googled what is CANT while reading this book, and it took me to this comment and it was the same book I’m reading. I have decided to put down distractions. I’ve collected a lot of books devotions etc..and sometimes they just don’t cut it. I feel overwhelmed with too much information. Pray for me as I pray to desire the sincere milk of Gods word.
Lauren M