Sunday, June 26, 2005

Saturday Morning Donuts

These are easy and yummy! I remember my Mom making them for us on Saturday mornings when we would watch Smurfs, Muppet Babies, and Fraggle Rock cartoons! Now, I am making them for my family on Saturday mornings!

1 can refrigerator biscuits
oil
sugar

Heat oil in sauce pan (about 2 - 3 inches) until 275 degrees. Cut centers out of biscuits with a cookie cutter to make holes. Cook biscuits and holes in oil until brown, turn and repeat. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Roll in sugar and serve.

Yummy!

3 comments:

*carrie* said...

Monica,

I just got on to google this recipe on your blog since I'm making these in the morning. I can't believe no one left a comment when you posted this recipe 3 years ago!

They are so yummy! Good to talk to you. I also noticed the post below this one mentioned that book I'd given you. I'll have to read it--someday. Please don't mail it to me right now. =) Ha! Maybe you could bring it this summer?!

Mary said...

I can't wait to try this for my family!!! Seems so easy...Thanks so very much for posting!

Anissa said...

We tried these this morning and they were a big hit!! Thanks!

Tyler Family